Hello Resilience Hub Friends,
Over ten years, the Resilience Hub has become a thriving community that is rooted in patterns of learning together, mutual aid, and permaculture skills as we build living examples of resilience and regeneration. Earlier this year, our Executive Director, Lisa Fernandes, moved into new, but related work. We are excited for her new path, and endlessly grateful for her work guiding and stewarding our community.
Lisa’s departure prompted a series of community conversations about the future of the Resilience Hub: its assets and challenges, its goals and visions. An exciting plan has emerged to continue the important work that we are all doing together.
We are excited to announce we have a new volunteer Board of Directors that will be taking an active role in the Resilience Hub’s development.
We also have new part-time staff, Kate Wallace as Programming Director and Benjamin Roehrl as Operations Director. The Board feels inspired by the work Kate and Benjamin have already done this fall. The energy and joy that they bring to the Resilience Hub has been contagious.
So many of us have enjoyed Permablitzes, Permaculture Design Courses, food and gardening workshops, and cultivating hope in the midst of many social and ecological challenges. These are the priorities that the Resilience Hub will focus on in 2019.
- A monthly Permablitz from May to October
- A Permaculture Design Course at MOFGA starting May 2019 (sign up here!)
- Multiple educational events and workshops every month
- A NEW Quarterly Newsletter
- Discussion groups, movie nights, and more
How do we get there?
By coming together! We are at a critical point and financial help to power this transition is vital. Reciprocity and mutual aid are core values in our community. With everyone’s help we can continue to be a resource to people who want to regenerate.the land, grow food, and build community.
Please take a moment to:
- Sign up for our active mailing list
- Quarterly newsletters
- Important updates
- Give through PayPal by clicking HERE
- Make a check out to the Resilience Hub and mail to:
Resilience Hub Donations – 224 Anderson St – Portland, ME 04101
- If you would like your donation to be tax-deductible please find the details listed here
- Join a task group: Membership, Permablitz, Education, Fundraising
- Be an event host
- Share a skill such as accounting, website updating, or grant writing
- See more possibilities here
As we build and strengthen our community at the Resilience Hub, we treasure the energy from all who care about the earth, want to share skills and learn new ones, and value a thriving community. Thank you for your support!
Heather Foran, Board President
The Resilience Hub
Joshua Haiss, Board Vice President
Myke Johnson, Board Secretary
Toxtli Melloh, Board Member
Matt Power, Board Member
Eli Rubin, Board Treasurer