It’s hard to think spring when the snow hasn’t even started to fly, but it’s that time of year again! We’re excited to bring back the Resilience Hub’s Fedco Tree group order. Their website has been up and taking orders for a couple of weeks now.
Why participate this time around? Get a discount, order great stuff, have your plants delivered to Portland (you won’t have to drive 90 minutes north and back to get your order!), and support the work of permaculture education here in Maine.
Here are the details:
- For all inquiries regarding orders, email email@example.com.
- You can use the paper Fedco Trees catalog if you have one or the online catalog to put together your wish list. Order early, as popular items tend to sell out.
- Log into Fedco Trees using your email address and follow the directions given here. When you review your order prior to checking out, click the “Part of a Group” button as your shipping option. Then go to “Checkout Securely” and type in our group order number: 49808.
- You will not pay on the Fedco site, but you will click here to send your total amount to The Resilience Hub. We collect the money and make one big payment to Fedco in order to qualify for the discount.
- You need to place your order with Fedco and make your payment to us by the ORDER DEADLINE OF JANUARY 17, 2020.
- PIckup up your order in Portland at the end of April. Depending on how much of a discount we receive, we will process a refund* back to you via PayPal.
We will be organizing 2 or 3 members with trucks to drive up and get all our stuff on Friday May 1. Your order will be available for pickup in Portland on the afternoon of May 1 and over the course of the following Saturday and Sunday (May 2 and 3). More details about the specific location and time for pickup will be shared closer to the date.
We will also be available to help out with any order problems or shortages after the fact.
Here’s to more perennial food in the landscape!
* Depending on the size of our order, Fedco will issue a discount of between 10% and 20%. Then sales tax will be added back in, we will put a bit of money toward fuel for the volunteers who drive to Fedco and bring the order back down to Portland, and a bit of money toward a stipend for the order coordinator. You will likely get at least 10% back, support the Hub and contribute to a reduced number of vehicles driving up and back for pickup!